Decay in trees
- Caused by various parasitic fungi.
- The fungi can cause considerable structural damage affecting both stem, root system and branches.
- Decay in trees is not always easy to detect.
- By law the tree owner has a duty of care to the public.
- Trees should be maintained in a safe condition, and hazardous trees removed.
For advice, contact an experienced, competent and qualified arborist.
If your tree/trees are protected by a tree preservation order or are in a conservation area, you will need permission from your local planning office to carry out any work.